Last Revision: June 22, 2012
Please direct all questions and concerns pertaining to this policy, or the service to us at email@example.com. In the event your inquiry goes unaddressed within a reasonable time expectation, or hasn’t been addressed to your satisfaction please contact TRUSTe at http://watchdog.truste.com/pvr.php?page=complaint&url. TRUSTe shall then work as a liaison with us to resolve your concerns.
xtra xtra provides a platform for users to post information on the Site that includes public forums. Any personal information or photos that you post to the website in the forums will be made public. Your messages and any other information that you make available on public areas of the site will be seen by people and organizations not controlled by xtra xtra, and may be used to contact you with unsolicited messages. Please do not publicize any personal or identifying information in the posting or forum areas that you wish to keep private. xtra xtra is not responsible for the personal information users post in public space or in correspondence with other individual users.
Protecting Your Privacy
- We do not collect or share identifying or personal information such as addresses, phone, numbers, social security numbers, and the like.
- We do not share your personal information or email address with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We send users notification emails when they receive messages from other users on the site, or information they have requested to be notified of. Users can opt out of these messages by accessing their accounts and selecting the ’notifications’ tab to modify their preferences.
- We may, on occasion, share aggregated non-personal information with the media, our affiliates, marketing team, or other entities. This information is not traceable to any specific xtra xtra user, and is utilized solely in a statistical manner to report site traffic, usage and demographic information.
- We do not run pop up or pop under advertisements.
- We employ email and e-card anonymization to reduce third party harvesting and spam.
- Account information is protected via a user created log-in identification and password.
- Only xtra xtra employees will have access to your information, when necessary, in order for them to effectively do their jobs.
- The information that you provide as a user can help us to improve the site and services, and better your experience at xtra xtra.
Information Collection and its Use
- We collect your email address upon registration for purposes such as user authentication, confirmation emails, email notification subscriptions, email and e-card messaging through the site, lost log-in identifications or passwords, and other similar purposes.
- You are free to use the xtra xtra site without registering or setting up an account, however, for security purposes some of our services are only available to those that have completed the registration process.
- We may collect information from you if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it in public areas of the site, or if you contact us directly.
- When you elect to email a friend about the site, we collect this third party email information to send your one time message. We do not share this information with any third parties for their promotional purposes or otherwise.
- We automatically receive and record standard information for each page served on our web logs, including your IP address, cookie information, page URL, and timestamp. A cookie is a text file stored on your hard drive by a web browser to recognize a user session as well as user preferences on a return visit. These cookies contain identifiers but no personal information. We may also employ pixel tags from time to time to track user behavior throughout the site and gather statistical data. Pixel tags include web beacons and clear gifs, which are 1x1 images embedded into web pages for tracking purposes. They do not collect or store personal information.
- We will only contact you if prompted. If you choose to discontinue email communications with xtra xtra, you may do so in the ’My Information’ and ’My Notifications’ sections of your account. We disclaim any responsibility for, or control over, emails and e-cards sent through the site from a registered user. Those communications are the sole responsibility of the sender.
- Any information that we collect from you is used to customize content, improve our site and services, and conduct research.
- We provide widgets on the site that allow users’ to share information from the site across platforms. These widgets do not collect or store any personal information you disclose on xtra xtra and no information is transferred without your explicit consent. You can also import contacts and in doing so, you store third party personal information - namely name and email address in your account. We do not utilize this information without your explicit consent, and only for the purposes that you specify.
- All milestone and forum postings are stored in our database, even after deletion, and may be archived elsewhere as well.
- Our web logs and other records are stored for an indefinite period.
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with xtra xtra may archive or otherwise make available postings or site materials.
- At xtra xtra, we make a good faith attempt to store any information in a secure environment, that is not publicly available by employing industry accepted security standards. However, we cannot guarantee absolute security as no method of security is 100% secure and encourage users&rsquo to employ discretion while transmitting personal information via messages.
- We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- xtra xtra will disclose your personal information if required to do so by law. We respond to subpoenas, judicial proceedings, court orders, and other legal processes where a formal request has been made.
- In the event of a sale, merger or acquisition of some or all of xtra xtra’s assets, your personal information may likely be a part of the transferred assets. In such an event, we shall notifiy you of any material changes to the information practices governing your information henceforth by email.
Your User Account and Preferences
You can update your account information at any time in the 'My Information' section of your account. This includes:
- Signing up for, or unsubscribing to, email notifications
- Updating or changing your password
- Deleting your account with xtra xtra
- Other functions
Email a Friend
If you choose to use our email a friend about an article, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one time email inviting him or her to visit the article. xtra xtra does not store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
Facebook Connect or Open ID
You can log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this website to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Attention: xtra xtra
One Gateway Center
Newton, MA 02458